Monday, July 13, 2015

Movie Star Monday

Hey guys!
Even though my birthday was waaayyy back in April, I never really got the chance to celebrate it with my friends! So on Friday, my mom let me have a party with three other girls at the house. I wanted to go all-out.... Hollywood style!
My mom put this really pretty tablecloth on the kitchen table, with a candle in the middle. In fact, there were multiple candles all around the living room! I made little name cards for everyone, and on each card I wrote their full name, as well as their "Hollywood career". For example, since my friend Kathryn is in the middle of writing a book, I made her an author of novels and short stories. Emilia plays the flute, so she was a musician; and Ameena loves any kind of art or fashion, so she became a fashion designer! I was an author and musician.
For dinner we had cheese fondue (and pizza, of course), with sparkling cider to drink and chocolate fondue for dessert! I may or may not have gotten chocolate all over my face at one point.... but it tasted good!
We all played Just Dance 4 on the Kinect, and sang karaoke very, very loudly! We also had many long discussions and debates about this anime show, Fairy Tail, that we all watch. There was a lot of talking about boys, crushes, and boyfriends. And we played Truth or Dare for a while. Some of those dares were crazy...!
Two of my friends left later that night, but Kathryn was able to sleep over! My mom gave the two of us a bedtime of 1:00 am, which was a pretty big deal for me. After all, I usually have to go to bed at 8:30 pm during the summer! In the morning, we talked some and ate French toast before my friend's dad came to pick her up.
I have to say, this was probably one of the best birthday parties ever! I really enjoyed hanging out with my friends and being crazy. Fashionably crazy. Hey, can you name a single star who isn't/wasn't crazy during their career? In a way, pretending to be famous is a whole lot better than actually being famous -- though when I become a best-selling author, I may feel totally different about that. ;-)
I hope that you all had a great weekend, too!! I'm going to try to start posting more often, so be looking for another update from me! Oh, and I would love to hear about what your dream career would be. Please post it in the comments below!! Thanks!
~ Mattie (pianist, violinist, author, artist, movie star)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mattie,
    Happy Belated Birthday!
    Sounds like you found a GREAT (and unique) way to Celebrate. LOVE the idea.
    Hmmmm I'm guessing you're right that PRETENDING to be famous might just be more fun than actually BEING famous.....But I daresay it'll have a few perks. Let me know, OK? Grin.
    I REALLY liked seeing "Violinist" beside your of talents and interests. Glad to hear you've discovered/are discovering ways to make that possible. My Mom played the Violin. She named hers EJ (for Eternal Joy).
    Hmmm my Dream Career? Being an Astronaut or a Scientist or a Neurologist.
    Good to hear from you.
    Hope you have a marvelous rest-of-the-week!
    Ms Lu

    ReplyDelete