Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mitochondrial Myopathy Awareness Week!

Hey guys!
So, as some of you might have heard, September 14-20 is Mitochondrial Myopathy Awareness Week! This year, I'm going to do something a little different than my usual post about my condition. Instead, I am going to ask you all to post questions you have about mito into the comments section! I will write a post answering all of your questions during the actual awareness week.
Please, please, please remember that there are no dumb, ignorant, or silly questions! I really want to know what you guys are wondering about. A lot of people have questions about my disease, or they wonder what's going on with me, but they are usually too shy or embarrassed to ask me about it. Don't be like that! I am going to try to answer every single question posted on here, no matter what they're asking. After all, this is Mito Awareness Week, and I want to make all of you -- and your friends and family, too -- completely and totally aware of what mito is and how it affects me every day. I am totally willing to answer anything, whether it be a physical question, an emotional one, or something about my everyday life.
So go ahead and post any and all questions you have! And, go ahead and share this post with your friends and family members. I'm trying to get the word out about mito, but I can't do it myself -- I'm going to need your help!

Spread the word!
I hope you all have a great week!!
~ Mattie

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mattie,
    What a GREAT post!
    I hope you get a g'zillion questions! I LOVE your willingness to "put yourself out there" like you do. You're the "real deal"!
    Please know prayer-songs continue to flow....
    Ms Lu & Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's been the hardest thing about having Mito so far?
    Have you noticed any new strengths that have emerged as a result of dealing with it?
    What's the biggest thing folks seem to misunderstand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. First let me say I have great admiration for you. You deal with more than most of us will deal with in a lifetime and I'm sure with a better attitude than I would! What is the hardest thing you have to deal with related to mito? Is there anything those of us without mito could do to make things better or easier for you or others with mito or is there anything you wish others understood about mito (misconceptions you run into)? I guess those could be 2 different questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mattie,
    What would be the hardest part of this disease for you?
    Also Dawn ask how do you handle going places? She gets tired so quickly.
    Kristy Garrigus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie would like to know to what extent does mito disable your body (which body parts does it affect)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the average life expectancy for someone with mito?

    ReplyDelete